I don't know the circumstances that have led to this decision, but I respect it; the reason must have sound justification. However, I'm sure many of us are saddened. I've enjoyed learning more about my home state of Arkansas as well as photography. I will miss the site terribly. I will miss all the beautiful and creative photos by all of you!

Thankful for the time I got to spend with you all.

I am so sad to see this happening. I will miss seeing all the photos from all of these amazing photographers on this site. I will keep logging on until the end.

I did some googling and researched the Pediment Group, Inc., the owners and operators of Capture Arkansas. The company produces state and city centered coffee table books and have operated Capture Arkansas and other websites exactly like ours from which they selected photos to use in their books. At the present time, they are credited as the owners of three other websites like Capture Arkansas. Capture Dallas closed in November of last year and Capture Arizona and Capture Wisconsin will close on the same day as Capture Arkansas. It appears that they are no longer interested in maintaining this kind of website and that it is not just that they lost interest in our state. I am proud to be a member of Capture Arkansas and even when I have been less active, I still have enjoyed visiting our page, seeing all the wonderful photographs, and learning from the wonderful photographers who make up our community.

I just realized how much I am going to miss this place.

I know I am going to miss CA very much.

I just want to thank you all, I have appreciated your comments and encouragement. I have learned a lot about our state while here and am frustrated that it is being shut down. I am on facebook and my email is dualsport525@gmail.com. I plan on shooting the milky way (a lot) and have a few fire spins planned this summer, if you're interested. (and I'm always up for a bridge hunt)

thanks again for the support Terry

Too bad! I got a thrill out of getting POTD's and to be able to communicate with such nice folks! I will continue to post pics of & in Arkansas on Flickr...come join me! I'll be under Lorrie E. P!us, if u want, email me at ozarkshazel@gmail.com Come visit the Buffalo River and reserve our comfy cabin! See www.springcreekcabinrental.com See you at Flickr! Keep shootin' those beautiful pics!

There is also a Facebook page called Capture Arkansas Friends.

Too bad its on Facebook. I don't do FB due to privacy issues. Bad mojo there!