Sepia Barn by Paul Wagoner
  • Taken: 7:53 PM on May 26

Sepia Barn by Paul Wagoner

Photo taken May 6, 2012 Camera: No 2 Brownie, Model B Camera manufactured ~ 1904 Kodak TMAX 100 Aperture: f/11 Exposure: 1/25 seconds ISO Speed: 100

I used Kodak TMAX 100 120 Film and the only alterations were straitening and adding a brown tone to soften the B&W

Fort Roots Old Officer Housing by Paul Wagoner
  • Taken: 12:57 AM on Mar 01

Fort Roots Old Officer Housing by Paul Wagoner

Photo taken February 24, 2012 Camera: No 2 Brownie, Model B Camera manufactured ~ 1904 Kodak TMAX 100 Aperture: f/11 Exposure: 1/25 seconds ISO Speed: 100

Rock Island RR Bridge by Paul Wagoner

Rock Island RR Bridge by Paul Wagoner

Photo taken Feb 24, 2012 Camera: Kodak No 2 Brownie, Model C Camera manufactured ~ 1908 Film: Kodak Tmax 100 Aperture: f//16 Exposure: 1/50 seconds ISO Speed: 100

Considering the camera I would say these are excellent!

Thanks Mitch. I really like using these old cameras.

I have my first old camera, it is a Kodak Hawkeye...it used 127 film, and individual flash bulbs....I took the batteries out of it years ago, and just put it up. It still took great photos though... Nice photos!!

The second one is really nice. Shows great composition & perspective with the lines intersecting with the roads and alignment of the trees and houses. Not really intrigued with the 1st and 3rd ones though. They lack structure towards their depth & composition and seem more generic. I feel as if you could've done better if you went slightly closer to your subjects(the house in the first and the bridge in the 3rd) and actually capture some detail while producing a more compelling composition with better framing. Although I certainly do love the Sepia tones and the grain. They're quite lovely.

But don't be afraid to experiment with new aspects of photography. Because it seems like you only follow one and that isn't going to benefit you very much till you have a better realization of what you're really doing.

Thanks for the feedback. At some time in the future, I'll probably revisit my Digital Rebel. At this time, I'm enjoying the Brownie Cameras, and trying to capture the vintage look. I have some others that I have tried to add framing and slow shutter speed techniques to change things up. I also enjoy developing my own B&W film.